Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Special Edition: My Lung Transplant Journey - The Waiting List Posts 2 and 3

Dear Readers, I just want to express my gratitude to those of you who have been following my story. I've been getting lots of positive feedback about this project, and I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers. Perhaps you might be wondering why I would share so many details about our lives with the world. My main goals are to be an advocate for organ donation, to educate others about this journey, and to find my purpose in this life challenge. I hope to inspire others who are facing similar challenges, and to give people an honest look into what it's like to be waiting.

Post 2, The Bag

The Waiting List, 2/24/2014, evening, Instagram
FROM GUEST EDITOR SUE BOROWIAK, YORKVILLE, IL. WAITING FOR A DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT SINCE MAY 24, 2014. Photo by @suzib66 The Bag. When they called to tell me I had been listed for a transplant, they said, "Pack your bag." So I did. This bag has been sitting in my bedroom for 9 months now. A friend of our family made this angel pillow for me to take along. I'm also bringing photos and artwork from my kids when the call comes. I didn't really know what to pack.

Post 3, Oxygen

The Waiting List, 2/25/2014
FROM GUEST EDITOR SUE BOROWIAK, YORKVILLE, IL. WAITING FOR A DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT SINCE MAY 24, 2013. Photo by @suzib66. Oxygen! We all need O2 to breathe, but I need more than a healthy person. I cried 5 years ago when my doctor told me I needed it. Although it helps me breathe, it's also like a ball and chain. My tubing gets tangled up around the house, and it's hard to carry out and about. We always worry I will run out of oxygen, and it's very scary when I can't breathe or have a coughing fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment