I've hit the 6 month mark on the waiting list for a double lung transplant. That's . . .
During this time, I've discovered many things about myself. Here are just ten:
1. I'm not very good at waiting.
2. I still don't like using supplemental oxygen although it's necessary to keep me alive and kicking.
3. Eating a lot to gain weight is not as easy as it sounds.
4. I can spend hours each day doing a whole lot of nothing.
5. I cry over many things, but if it's spilled milk or messy things, I usually swear.
6. I am oh so proud of my children. They are smart, talented, athletic, funny, determined, helpful, and resilient people despite the challenges of having a sick mom.
7. At times, these same children drive me crazy!
8. I chose the best husband ever. I could not imagine navigating this journey without him by my side. I often do not give enough credit.
9. He drives me crazy too!
10. Pajamas or yoga pants are the new black.