Friday, February 21, 2014

Special Edition: My Lung Transplant Journey February, 21, 2014 - The Waiting List

It's recently been called to my attention that I have not updated this blog since November! Oh my! But in my defense, it's been a long, long winter wrought with cold and snowy weather that essentially has kept me in the house since Christmas Day. I know some of you may be thinking, "Hey, that's the life! She must lounge around all day and eat bon bons. I wish I could do that." Trust me, no you don't. It's boring and sometimes lonely, and there is only so much bad daytime TV to watch before you start going stir crazy. But enough about all that, I'm going to share with what's happening next week.

FYI - it's not the transplant surgery because if you've been following my story, you should know by now that I'm waiting for the perfect match, and that match needs to come from a deceased person who made the selfless decision to be an organ donor. It's been nine months since I've been listed at the Cleveland Clinic, and my match still has not been found. Geez, I could have carried and birthed a baby during this time! Anyhoo, back to next week.

Starting on Monday, February 24, I will be a guest editor on The Waiting List, which is a storytelling project focused on organ donation. The Waiting List can be found on Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram (@the_waitinglist) I came across the project by following the story of a brave young girl named Angel who has been waiting for a double lung/bone marrow transplant since July 2013. I will be sharing my transplant journey with photos and writing focusing on the challenges of living with a serious illness while waiting for new lungs, and in turn, a new life. Please join me on this journey by following me here, on Facebook or Instagram @suzib66 or @the_waiting list. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment