Monday, February 24, 2014

Special Edition: My Lung Transplant Journey, February 24, 2014 - The Waiting List Project Post 1

Today marks exactly 9 months on the waiting list for new lungs, and it is my first "official" post of The Waiting List project. (I did a few test posts over the weekend).  Please keep in mind that addition to Facebook, this project can be found on Instagram, but you don't need to be an Instagram user to follow along. I will try my best to post my photos and writing here on the blog so you can keep up to date. Instagram is a little tricky, and I'm still learning to use it so bear with me. Please share my post with others as the purpose of the project is to promote organ donation for all of us nationwide who are waiting.


FROM GUEST EDITOR SUE BOROWIAK, YORKVILLE, IL. WAITING FOR A DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT SINCE MAY 24, 2013. Photo by @suzib66. I'm Sue, a 47-year-old, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I'm living with Scleroderma, a rare autoimmune disease that has severely damaged my lungs. In my home office, I post some of my favorite memories like old photos of my beautiful children, Miss O and A, and my devoted husband Tim. I love them so much. The bottom left photo of me with my young children was taken ten years ago shortly after my diagnosis of Scleroderma. We really didn't know at that time how my illness would drastically change our lives. One of my greatest fears is that my children will only remember me as their sick mom, especially if the lung transplant is not a success. My illness is hard for us as a family in so many ways, but despite our challenges we just keep on keeping on. #thewaitinglist #whatareyouwaitingfor #organdonation #donatelife #lungtransplant #scleroderma #pulmonaryfibrosis #pulmonaryhypertension


No comments:

Post a Comment