Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quote of the Week


"There must be more to life than having everything" ~ Maurice Sendak, author/illustrator
Sendak, most widely known for his book, "Where the Wild Things Are," died early Tuesday at the age of 83. Upon hearing the news of his passing, I felt a little melancholy. Although I'm not a huge fan of his work, I do admire his creativity and imagination as an artist. I also remember one of my favorite Sendak books from my childhood, "Chicken Soup with Rice." It's a cheery tale about eating chicken soup at any time of the year. That idea sounds quite simple, but it is appealing because the infamous broth is often viewed as a healer of many ills.

We can't possibly have everything in life, but we can have chicken soup!
Enjoy this version of the story sung by Carole King, from the musical "Really Rosie."

No comments:

Post a Comment