Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Special Edition: My Lung Transplant Journey, November 11, 2014 - Missing Home



Sigh . . . I just want to go home! I've been away on medical leave for two months and ten days now, and I'm so ready to head back to Yorkville! However, still no word on when I can bust out of here! Hopefully, after this week's clinic appointments they will give me the go ahead because . . .

I miss my kids (even though they just came for a short visit).
I miss my hubby (even though he was here for over a week taking care of me).
I miss my parents.
I miss my bed and my Lazy Boy recliner.
I miss my kitchen with full size appliances including a gas stove and proper equipment for cooking and baking. Yes, we've had some mini kitchen disasters out here like burnt puff pastry apple tarts!
I miss my master bath where the hot and cold water works just right. Not so much here.
I miss my own bathrooms in general.
I miss my thermostat that can maintain a proper temperature, rather than really, really hot or freezing cold. Again, not so much here.
I miss looking out my front and back windows to see what's going on in the 'hood or to check the weather.
I miss many good things about my house like the 3 things I wrote about once upon a time on my Good Things blog (that hasn't been updated in forever!)

I knew that this recovery period away from home would be necessary and just temporary, but 
I'm feeling like Winnie the Pooh when he was stuck in rabbit's hole!


I'm trying to make the best of it, but the bottom line is I'm homesick!



But this too shall pass . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment