Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wing It Wednesday: DIY Halloween Wreath

Yeah, this blog has been looking quite bare for about 4 months or so! YIKES! That's scary ~ just like Halloween which is coming up next week. My front door was looking a bit bare for the upcoming holiday, so I decided to get my craft on and make a festive wreath by using a bunch of craft materials I had on hand around the house. In other words, I didn't spend a dime creating this wreath, nor did I spend a lot of time precisely measuring my materials. I just winged it.

Here's what I used:

  • A needlepoint hoop
  • orange tulle
  • black pipe cleaners
  • glitter
  • striped ribbon
  • scraps of cardstock and orange construction paper
  • a black Sharpie
  • spray adhesive and a glue stick
  • scissors


  • Here's what I did, and like I said, I just winged it. If you are looking for specific craft instructions, you're in the wrong place. I do OK, but I'm no Martha Stewart.

    Anyhoo, I sat down on my couch and cut a whole lot of strips from the orange tulle, let's say about 6-8 inches long or so. I tied the strips along the needlepoint hoop, cut more strips, tied, repeated until the wreath was full and fluffy. I trimmed the poufs that were a bit uneven, then added my embellishments such as the pipe cleaner spider, a ghost made from glittered cardstock. (I just love glitter!), and a "Trick or Treat" label I printed from The Graphics Fairy (awesome free clipart on this site) that I attached with a candy corn striped ribbon.

    Here's my finished product:


    TA DA!

    Do you have a craft project, recipe, or other good idea you created on a whim? Shoot me an email and tell me all about it. There's a button on the top left just for doing that! Thanks!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment